G26 or G27

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h8ns8n

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Heres the deal. I have become sort of a glock snob. I could never stand them before, the way they looked and felt just didn't work for me. However the more i look at them the more I like them and now everytime I hold one it seems to fit my hand better!
I purchased a 26 and shot it this weekend and loved it... so much that i traded my M&P for a G19.
heres my delima...I have owned a G23 before but when I shot it it was miserable. My trigger finger actually hurt and was moving with every shot.
I have shot other poly .40's and never had any problems or even noticed much difference in them and 9mm....so was it something with my grip?
I am considering a 27 and giving the 26 to the wife...do you guys think i will have the same problem. Is there a big difference in recoil between the two?
Thanks

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Glock 23/32 is probaly the hardest to shoot Glock out there.
If you had recoil issues with the 40 S&W I would stick with the 9mm.

I shoot a bunch of 40 and it "gets" to me I much prefer to shoot a 9 now.
And the 9 with good ammo is really all you need.

And if the wife gets a 9 then you will only have to buy one kind of ammo and mag's.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I always felt the same way as you about Glocks h8ns8n.

Now that I have a 19, I want to go both ways... 34 and 26.

Personally, you already have 2 9mm Glocks, stay with it. Find someone with a 27 and shoot it to see anyways maybe. That shouldn't be hard to do.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Glock 23/32 is probaly the hardest to shoot Glock out there.

I'm not sure I'd agree with that sentiment - personally, I think the G36 is a lot worse than the G23 in terms of recoil and control. Since I sold both of those and got a 1911, I haven't had to worry about it, though :D

mmcbeat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my opinion, the 26 is Glock's best gun. Very accurate and easy to shoot for a little gun. Not an expert but I think the "shootability" factor has something to do with the dual recoil spring and the give of a plastic frame. It is a little fat though.

I might get a little push back for saying this but if you carry a baby Glock, learn to shoot the thing without a pinkie extension. Just curl your little finger under the grip. No point in buying a little gun and then give it a big butt with a pinkie extenison.:thumb:

Preacher99

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love the G19. I had a g27 and got rid of it. It was definitely manageable but felt the recoil was much stiffer than any other 40 I have shot. I now carry a m&p compact in 40 and it shoots much better. If you are sticking with the glock platform, I would go g26. If you want a 40, I would look at the m&p c or the xd sc.

bratch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd do another 26. Same mags as the one you already have, cheaper ammo, and more rounds. Good 9mm will do anything you need done.

Latest posts

Top Bottom