J frame disassembly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

technetium-99m

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've got a little j frame that has a broken hammer spur, instead of replacing the hammer I think I'm just going to bob it since I see no reason for a hammer spur on this gun anyway.

Are there any decent assembly diagrams or exploded views on the interwebs before I tear into it? I'll still probably just go for it tomorrow though. I'll make sure to take it apart in a plastic bad in case anything decides to try and enter orbit.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Unless you really need to get at the guts of her, there is no reason to disassymble. As long as she is locking up tight, and not out of time leave them insides be.

RKM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agree....You can bob the hammer without disassambly. If you do decide to get into the insides the tricky part will be the rebound spring. Smith's are fun to get inside once you have done it.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I wouldn't exactly call it fun, but not too awful bad. I've taken both of my lock guns apart to disable the lock, and both of them still work. In my opinion, assembly was the difficult part. Just go slow and be patient.

Latest posts

Top Bottom