Lee Load-all

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skippy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone ever used one of the lee load-all reloaders? just curious thinking about buying one. im new to reloading and everywhere i read they seem to be perfect for a beginner and fairly reasonably priced

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
skippy,do you want 12 or 20 gauge? let me know,i can fix you up .i have a couple of the auto primer feed trays and maybe a rebuild or gauge swap kit for one also.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is this the one with a big "D"handle with all the stations in a straight line?

It's hard to beat a MEC Sizemaster, though they cost a little more new. CB

hubmonkey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He wants a 12. We are wanting to make skeet shooting a little more affordable....I mean we want to shoot more :)

Better do the calculations because in 12GA you don't see real savings, especially at 1 1/8th ounce loads. Unless you plan on working up some really light loads (7/8 of or even 3/4 ounce) you will see no real savings compared to WM Remington, Winchester, and Federal value packs.

Here is a online shotshell calculator for you to calculate the real price of loading with components. http://10xshooters.com/calculators/ShotshellReloadingCost/

As to the Lee Load All, they are cheap and clunky. The price reflects this. I personally would buy a used MEC 650 JR if you want a single stage press. They BLOW the Lee Load Alls out of the water and can be had for $100 or less used.

I reload shot shell on a Hornady 366 with auto indexing and I have to say that once you are dropping a finshed shell out with every handle pull it makes you spoiled and do not want to go back to a single stage press.

for those nay sayers, I reload a bunch of 20ga shells, over 500 a month for skeet.

I also have a source for for premium hulls (Remington STS and Win AA) if you need some.

EDIT: I just did a quick calculation using Clays powder (18.0 gr), Win 209 primers, Claybuster wad, and 1 oz. of lead and your cost to reload a box of shells, not including the hull cost, is $4.39 a box plus tax on your components, this does not include any hazmat fees if you order online.

Hub

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As to the Lee Load All, they are cheap and clunky. The price reflects this. I personally would buy a used MEC 650 JR if you want a single stage press. They BLOW the Lee Load Alls out of the water and can be had for $100 or less used.

That is so true.

W150

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is so true.

Look for a used MEC. I loaded about 2 boxes on my loadall and then bought a used MEC sizemaster. The LoadAll disappeared from my loading bench. If I thought I could find all the parts I would let you have it for free but I think the bushings sizer etc. have transitioned into an alternate reality.

skippy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
well a couple of you say they are junk but u didnt say why they are junk me and uncivil are just looking for a hobby if it cost the same as buying a box of shells from the store thats ok you dont learn anything from handing someone your credit card we wanna learn the basics ;) and this looks like a good way to do that

Latest posts

Top Bottom