frankford arsenal digital powder scale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harley1953

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just got started reloading last year and i too started with a beam scale. I bought the Frankford as an inexpensive start to a digital. I used it for a few months and it seemed to work just fine. It has started to lose it's calibration quite frequently. It is at the point now that I use the beam scale to double check the Frankford.. In a nutshell, I personally do not use it now as I purchased a digital from Cablela's that uses battery OR AC. Seems to be much better in my opinion. I believe it was about 75-80 dollars. In my opinion the Cabela's scale is a much better bang for the buck. Still not (according to reviews)up to the quality of an RCBS or other high end, but quite good for my needs..

squint

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
1. give it several (on-auto off) cycles to warm up
2. cal it
3. by having all you weighing items ready, you can keep it busy so it doesn't shut off
4. keep fresh batteries for when it starts acting goofy

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought one and ended up sending it back. As compared to my RCBS it just wasn't up to snuff. Close enough was not a good compromise on powder charges.

Latest posts

Top Bottom