Removing Glock Bulge Stretched Cases

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My .40 Lee dies didn't remove the Glock bulge so I tried the EGW undersize die that does work but it is also stretching the cases about .004 inch causing it to not go into my gauge. Gauge seems to be a little under the .850 max. Pretty new to .40 reloading, has anybody had this problem?

Thanks in advance

The_Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I compared both methods to each other. The Redding requires lube and would always be one more additional step where as, from everything that I had read on the forums, the EGW also did a great job, is a carbide die so no lube and would replace my Lee full size die step. Also it was $28 versus $48.

I friend did notice that I had a burr on the rim that was keeping it from going all of the way into the gauge so that was part of the problem. The .004 stretch is after I had already sized it with my normal Lee die. But it is pushing the max .850 case length.

Anybody use the Redding pass through? Does it also stretch the case?

Thanks for the help!

the tR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I compared both methods to each other. The Redding requires lube and would always be one more additional step where as, from everything that I had read on the forums, the EGW also did a great job, is a carbide die so no lube and would replace my Lee full size die step. Also it was $28 versus $48.

I friend did notice that I had a burr on the rim that was keeping it from going all of the way into the gauge so that was part of the problem. The .004 stretch is after I had already sized it with my normal Lee die. But it is pushing the max .850 case length.

Anybody use the Redding pass through? Does it also stretch the case?

Thanks for the help!

i have read that if you are using the shell casing that was fired from the same gun that sizeing was not required,, and all sizingwill cause streach.

shortgrass

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i have read that if you are using the shell casing that was fired from the same gun that sizeing was not required,, and all sizingwill cause streach.

Any time you're reloading for an auto loader, be it rifle, pistol, or shotgun, the cases need to be full length resized for reliability. If you don't you're just asking for feed problems.

ChrisC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i reload nothing but "glocked" brass because i get it from work for free.. i have never had an issue sizing the brass with a standard dillon carbide die. i use this brass in glocks, para, and my smith wheelgun... it all loads and works.....

my question is how many times has this brass been loaded? and are you at max pressures???

i recently switched to a lee undersized die for giggles.... ammo still feeds and shoots through all my 40's..... it might be time for some new brass

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

What you are referring to is chamber forming the brass. When you shoot a round in a bolt action rifle, the brass custom forms to that chamber. Now when you reload, you neck size only. And you can taper crimp the bullet. You still need to check the length of the brass and see if it needs trimming before loading.

On semi-auto rifles it's still wise to full length size the brass and roll crimp the bullets.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can testify for the G-Rx redding die. It works great. I have reloaded approx 1000 Glocked .40 rounds with no issue. However, now my range time is using a KKM barrel so bulge isnt an issue (still run them throught he G-Rx just to be sure).

Latest posts

Top Bottom