What guns are legal for CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hwhattt

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know this is probably already on here multiple times, but I don't know if a Taurus Judge is legal for CC. I know a .45 is ok, but is the .45LC good and can I use the 410 shells for CC.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes you are good with 45LC loaded with .410.

Any pistol or revolver which you can conceal and is not larger that .45.

(I often carry a Bond Arms 2 holer in .45LC loaded with .410....Great for snakes and would work for most anything else at close range and in a bind. However this is not my prefered CCW. Typically only carried when out fishing or a jaunt throught the woods.)

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
i carried my 1911 for the first time the other day.that was a pocketful! i bet the judge would fall into the "hellovapocketful" category as well.would like to see the look on that thugs face when you pulled it on him.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On another note, I think the Box O' Truth did a test on the Judge's penetration and effectivenes....not impresive results.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like i said, I usually carry the Bond when I am more concerned with legless snakes that the ones with legs. I also typically have it loaded with #6 shot for the same reason but will have a reload or 2 of either buckshot or slugs handy. I still think although not ideal for the job, a face full birdshaot up close and personal would send just about anything packing or at least give me time to reload/retreat.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Depends on what you mean by "carry in the truck".

Unloaded in plain sight and you are good to go. Loaded and concealed you need a ccl. You didn't mention if you had one or not so.....

planefixr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep that is how I carry occasionally when traveling while waiting to have enough money to file my ccw app. Magazine loaded and slide locked back in plain sight and you are still 100% legal,

Latest posts

Top Bottom