Problem with Knox Spec-Ops stock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tried out my recoil reducing stock on my Rem Police Magnum .12 GA., it reduces felt recoil as advertised at least by a third. Wonderfully noticable when firing 00Buck and slug rounds. But I am feeling some right jaw pain after practicing mounting quickly from guard position and firing 2-3 shot strings. I think I'm pressing my cheek firmly against the stock tube the way I was always taught to, with old style full buttstocks, with painful results. Can a guy be trained away from this? Or is the Knox stock just not going to work for me?

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had the same issue with the same Knoxx stock on my 870. Once I mounted an EOTech red-dot sight on the 870, that problem went away - I found I was holding my head more upright since I was now sighting through the EOTech and not the front bead. Point being, a "taller" sight picture might help get your cheek away from the stock. Also, you might try moving your cheek a bit further back on the stock - extend the stock if you have to. YMMV

glock girl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We picked up that same stock for our 870 and I probably put 30-40 rounds through it shooting clays. I don't have a ton of shotgun experience and was never "trained" with the proper position for shooting one. I had no jaw pain with it, but my better half said it made his jaw feel funny. I think he re-adjusted his positioning and shot it a bunch more and was fine. I don't put my cheek/jaw firmly against it, just low enough to get the sight where I want it. :wave:

Lance Jensen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I personally did not care for the stock. It slowed my splits down waiting for the sights to recover. The same stock broke after about 500 rounds. Once broke it was pistol grip only. Great idea, but I wouldn't trust it.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw several negative reviews of this stock as well but opted to put one on the mossberg 500 to accomadate the wife. Put about 10 rounds through it and liked it. BUT, the trigger guard on the moss 500 broke. I assume the recoil went back into the gun.

I wouldn't have one if the shotgun was fired a lot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom