Charles Daly AR any good?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am thinking about buying a Charles Daly D-M4LT Carbine Lightweight AR and wanted to know if anyone had one or new much about them. From what I have read they are good rifles. I did not see it on the web site. I can get it onsale for a little over 900 hundred. Should I ngo for it.

A little more information from the Charles Daly forumn site.

It's been several months in coming, but now we can finally launch the specs for several of our new builds.

First are the 3 Lightweight configurations: (Note: All are 5.56NATO and all have our standard features found in the D-M4LE; i.e. extractor upgrade kit with Crane O-ring, properly staked gas key and castle nut, etc.)

14.5" Chrome lined 4150 (MIL-B-11595E, CrMoV Grade) lightweight barrel, A1 profile; 1:7 twist
Perm attached Phantom Suppressor (5C1 closed end type)
Forged “F” front sight base with bayonet lug & rubber coated sling swivel
T-Marked Flattop upper
M4 Feedramps
A3 Detachable Carry Handle
Slim Car type forend
Milspec diameter receiver extension with “H” buffer
6-position CD telestock
Magpul 30-round PMAG
MSRP $1,239.00

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would not get a CD AR for $900 - CDNN has them on sale for way cheaper and to be honest, if you were paying more than $400, I would go ahead and upgrade to an M&P or something else a bit nicer.

Check out CDNNinvestments.com - they have some pretty slammin deals on ARs (better quality make/models for well less than $900).

There's also our local vendors who could easily get you into a nice AR for $900

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Charles Daly supposedly looked at "The Chart" and checked off all the boxes regarding what the AR cognoscenti deem a requirement to be a quality AR. I've heard good things about them, but I'd want to research further to confirm that before buying one.

bratch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everything I have read on the CD M4LE has been solid. A year ago they were considered one of the best buys in the AR world with DDs new rifles they have some competition but are still considered good.

I would look into the model you are wanting a little since all the good I heard was on the M4LE.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I am thinking about buying a Charles Daly D-M4LT Carbine Lightweight AR and wanted to know if anyone had one or new much about them. From what I have read they are good rifles. I did not see it on the web site. I can get it onsale for a little over 900 hundred. Should I ngo for it.

A little more information from the Charles Daly forumn site.

It's been several months in coming, but now we can finally launch the specs for several of our new builds.

First are the 3 Lightweight configurations: (Note: All are 5.56NATO and all have our standard features found in the D-M4LE; i.e. extractor upgrade kit with Crane O-ring, properly staked gas key and castle nut, etc.)

14.5" Chrome lined 4150 (MIL-B-11595E, CrMoV Grade) lightweight barrel, A1 profile; 1:7 twist
Perm attached Phantom Suppressor (5C1 closed end type)
Forged “F” front sight base with bayonet lug & rubber coated sling swivel
T-Marked Flattop upper
M4 Feedramps
A3 Detachable Carry Handle
Slim Car type forend
Milspec diameter receiver extension with “H” buffer
6-position CD telestock
Magpul 30-round PMAG
MSRP $1,239.00

If your looking to save some money, go with CMMG Bargain bin. Why spend 1239, when you can get one for 6 bills.
http://cmmginc.secure-mall.com/shop/?cart=2058877&cat=161&

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Charles Daly supposedly looked at "The Chart" and checked off all the boxes regarding what the AR cognoscenti deem a requirement to be a quality AR. I've heard good things about them, but I'd want to research further to confirm that before buying one.

That is correct. Charles Daly Defense did a lot of research and brought a quality product to the market. But now with the Daniel Defense XV carbine in the mix I wouldn't even look at CDD.

If your looking to save some money, go with CMMG Bargain bin. Why spend 1239, when you can get one for 6 bills.
http://cmmginc.secure-mall.com/shop/?cart=2058877&cat=161&

$1239 is full retail and nobody ever pays that. I hope you are also not stating he should get the bargain bin rifle because it's "just as good as" too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom