What to buy? 22 Tactical Trainers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redline

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looking for some input on 22 trainers, anyone shot, own, or heard anything about them? I'm looking at the Colt, S&W, and the Sig. I'm partial to the sig but I dont know if the 556 quad rail fore end will fit.

P.S. I don't know if this is a repost I looked around a bit and didn't see anything.

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've read about lots of problems with people running them hard. Seems that a 22lr conversion kit is the way to go until they get them ironed out.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't read any of the other gun boards on the internet, and am no expert. I'll just add what little I know. I have seen one or two Smiths foul up, but not sure if it was the ammo and/or the mags causing the problem, and not the rifle itself, but I am not sure. H&H has a Smith for rent and it has had a lot of rounds through it without any hiccups. I have heard of problems with many of the conversions over the years out there, but then all are blowback systems as are the new Smith, Colt and Sig. No matter which you go to, if you have problems go to Martin at MAS, as several have stated. Last thing, The SIG is just now out and on some shelves, I bought one nine days ago and have only put 200 rounds through it (100 CCI Mini Mag HP and 100 CCI Mini Mag RN), only complaint I have is my old fingers have a hard time getting the last few rounds in the 25 rd mag. Smith has the quad rail and iron sights, SIG doesn't, but I lay my SIG522 next to my SIG556 and it looks like the forearms should be interchangeable. Not sure who makes the Smith mags but the SIG mags are made by Black Dog, but you can order them from SIG for less than from Black Dog or most stores. I ordered four mags from SIG and had them in eight days and did not have to pay shipping since I ordered the quanitity I had ordered.

dak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love the Sig 522 I got a few weeks ago. Ended up putting an aimpoint clone on it. Yeah it sucks it doesn't come with a sight/irons but oh well. Blackdog is having a sale on the mags if you buy 10 its like $135.

Only gripe is the stock wiggles a little bit(not the folding latch part). The lower is polymer but is reinforced with metal in key areas.

weef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
hey man whats up good to see you on the board i know you wont buy anything but a sig so i dont know why you are asking about the colt and s&w haha

Latest posts

Top Bottom