buying new gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jOe_U87

Marksman
Reaction score
iam looking to buy a compact pistol i like taurus and am looking at a pt140 millenium if anyone owns this firearm i would like your input on the pros and cons thanks

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought the Taurus 709 Slim (9mm) a couple of weeks ago. I'm very happy with it. Great price, very easy to carry. Academy had them for $350.

B

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have several Tauruses, a pt140 being one of them, it works just fine. I also have a g27 ,very similar, guess it comes down to what works best for what your going to do with it.
The mags for the pt140 seem hard to find so get a couple extra.
For the price it seems to work very well. I dont like the safety on the side, its too different from my 1911's, and my son is left handed (hard to work the safety). Oh and it holds 10 rds thats good.

A.J.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had an earlier model 40 cal Millenium that had a TERRIBLE trigger. Got rid of it and got a PT745, and really like it. It's not as good as the Glock 27 I used to own, but it doesn't cost near as much either.

langston302

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you know what, its all up to you. Yeah Glocks are preffered systems but its YOUR pistol, YOUR money, YOUR Life, YOUR decision.

I have my preferences but the Glock subcompact is not it.

I just cant wrap my head around all the opinions that just bash one or the other.

Look into some snub nose revolvers and all the subcompacts that might make you happy in all the ways you want.

I carry all sorts of stuff and am familiar with them to the point I can shoot in the expert category on quals.

It comes down to you and the range and preventive maintenance.

Latest posts

Top Bottom