DC cop brings gun to snowball fight...what do you do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lockoutmonkey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am sorry if I seem like a dumba-- civilian here.
What in the hell was he thinkin. If it were I and this dude gets out of car gun in hand(cop or not) he is brandishing in a non-open carry state. UNless he stated he is a cop or showed his badge, in my opinion he needs to go to jail. In Ok I hope I would be within my rights to unholster and question the action to protect myself in this situation.
What say you.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
From a CC standpoint,remember that unless you are in fear of your life you can't act.I wasn't there but from the video,the officer drew his gun but didn't appear threatening at all.He climbed out of a Hummer and did not "look" like a gangster but instead immediately started talking on a hand held radio.I wouldn't have done anything except slip away and call 911 as quickly as possible.Now the real question,to me at least, is why did he get out of the car in the first place?? I've never felt threatened by people throwing snowballs at my truck.If he thought they were a traffic hazard he should have called for a marked unit. Steve

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:wave:You know, sometimes PEOPLE have bad days. LEO's are People that are held to a Higher Standard. Identifying themselves as LEO or not ,in this situation, +1 on backing out and calling 911.

Iwant1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:wave:You know, sometimes PEOPLE have bad days. LEO's are People that are held to a Higher Standard. Identifying themselves as LEO or not ,in this situation, +1 on backing out and calling 911.

Call 911 and get out of there...There was no imminent threat with the snow balls or with the gun exposed due to his body language...

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Disclaimer: I don't know everything that happened, and I wasn't there.

From what little in the way of facts/video I have seen, I think there should be some kind of corrective action against the officer. His actions (read disclaimer again please) appeared to be highly irresponsible at best.

Now, if (IF) I had been there (assuming CCW was legal), since it wasn't evident who he was "after," I don't think a CCWer could claim deadly threat. However, I would have been calling the police, and if possible without exposing it, I would likely have put my hand on my piece. That way if the situation changed, you would be ready.

Now, I said highly irresponsible at best, because we are lucky that it was a uniformed officer that responded to the drawn gun. What if it had been another plainclothes/undercover officer, then the first officer (the "offender" as such in this case) might not have recognized them and escalated the situation further.

Now, rather than focus further on the undercover LEO, well done to the responding officer. He handled the situation well. He was prepared, but did not escalate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom