What's that in my stand?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kawliga

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I go to bow hunt a new stand I just moved into a cedar tree...and there is a freaking porcupine sitting just above the seat! It was a pretty big one. I didn't want to shoot it with my CCW as it's not safe to shoot in the air like that and I didn't know the legalities of shooting one...but the thing wouldn't move...oh well. I sat on the ground. Didn't see anything...What would you have done?

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
:sorry1: Odd situation. Although, I believe I would have used my backup weapon. Designed many many years ago. A rock chucker. :respect: Bean that thing a few times and he is coming out of there. Not sure about shooting it though whether it is legal or not. Hmmm..... I wonder, had he "Brandished" his quills at you in a threatening manner???? Never mine. :cannon:

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would have shot it and got rid of it. Be careful with them though. The first one I ever saw, I caught on the ground and thought I would hold it down with my foot and get some quills out. About 50 stuck in my boot and I had to sit down and pull them out with pliers. Went deep in the sole and through the goretex in a good pair of Rockies. Don't underestimate what those quills will stick through.

Latest posts

Top Bottom