77/22 shooters?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anybody else shoot the Ruger 77/22? I bought one at a gunshow several years ago.

It had a very bad trigger which I corrected with a $25 sear and sear spring replacement. The factory sear is so rough it looks like a relief map of a mountain range, and the spring looked like a bedspring. The aftermarket spring/sear gave me a trigger pull in the 2 pound range. (I estimate the original pull at 10 pounds!)

Can't remember the brand of the replacement parts.

I don't shoot it a lot, but at 50 yards it'll literally drive tacks, and it has the light barrel. Action is very smooth and the checkered stock gets nice comments. Great squirrel gun. CB

jej

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one. Satin stainless, laminated stock, 4x Leupold. Its not been out of the safe since I moved to OK. Used it a bunch on cottontails. I have to find a place for cottontails near Tulsa one of these days. Its more accurate then I am. Like it a lot.

jej

Randall

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I got one about 15-20 years ago,nice handling rifle but wouldn't shoot under an inch at 50 yards even with target ammo.I free floated the barrel,bedded the action,tried pressure pad under the barrel and finally rebarreled it with a walther barrel.It will now shoot target ammo into 3/8 inch at 50 yards.Not a target rifle by any means but at least I can hit a squirrel head at 50-75 yards with it now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom