are pro mags for 1911's any good?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
saw some at bass pro for $24 and was just wondering if they're worth it or should i just order some chip mcormick double star mags from brownells? they're the same price, except for the shipping

1911user

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't spend that much on a 1911 mag unless it was made by wilson, CMC, or some other high quality name brand.

If it was $10 and you weren't going to bet your life on it being reliable, sure, why not play the pro-mag crapshoot game. The worst it will do is cost points at a match or embarrassment at the range.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I wouldn't spend that much on a 1911 mag unless it was made by wilson, CMC, or some other high quality name brand.

If it was $10 and you weren't going to bet your life on it being reliable, sure, why not play the pro-mag crapshoot game. The worst it will do is cost points at a match or embarrassment at the range.

so is that a vote for the chip mcormick double star mags?

1911user

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
get McCormick power 8 mag from brownells; much better than the shooting stars, double star, whatever. They are worth the extra $.

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 olyeller

Go for the Chip McCormick power mags. I got a couple for my dad and they've run great out of his Colts.

doctruptwn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can get a 3 pack of the Promag at sportsmans guide for something like $36.00. Not sure if they are the same model. Ive had good luck with them but I only use them for range mags. I get better ones for carry purposes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom