muzzle brake?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

0352Marine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How hard is it to install a muzzle brake on a .308? or for that matter any high powered rifle? Do you have to take it to a gunsmith or is it something I could do myself?

JWE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't see much use of a break on a .308, but if you want it done right I'd take it to someone that knows what they're doing....

TP Enterprises out of Ft.Gibson have done mine, on 300WM's and did a good job.

Furious_George

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
definitely hit up steve baldwin up in jones. he does great work. he'll thread your barrel and put on one of the muzzle brakes that he designs. he tapers the brake to match your barrel too. he'll also match finish. i think it was somewhere between $120-$150. his number is 399-2875.

0352Marine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't see much use of a break on a .308, but if you want it done right I'd take it to someone that knows what they're doing....

TP Enterprises out of Ft.Gibson have done mine, on 300WM's and did a good job.

Well mine seems to kick really hard I shot 20 rds of remington 180gr and it left a bruise on my shoulder.:crying:

0352Marine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
definitely hit up steve baldwin up in jones. he does great work. he'll thread your barrel and put on one of the muzzle brakes that he designs. he tapers the brake to match your barrel too. he'll also match finish. i think it was somewhere between $120-$150. his number is 399-2875.

Ok thanks I'll call him

Latest posts

Top Bottom