AR15 Trigger hammer broke?????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ride Da Fire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will ask for pix after I get off work today and post it. I dont know if this is a common problem or not but I have seen 2 cases of hammer broke right at the hook angle. I was wondering if that caused by dry fire.

well found this pix, thought want to share, AR15 commiefornia legal

awww.riflegear.com_blogimages_KittyRifle.jpg

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will ask for pix after I get off work today and post it. I dont know if this is a common problem or not but I have seen 2 cases of hammer broke right at the hook angle. I was wondering if that caused by dry fire.

well found this pix, thought want to share, AR15 commiefornia legal

awww.riflegear.com_blogimages_KittyRifle.jpg

What two examples are you aware of (brand and factory lower or stripped and LPK)?

I've not heard any issues with dry-firing an AR.

Ride Da Fire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the lpk was ordered from tapco back then. he sold me his bushmaster 2stg trigger and replaced with tapco trigger group. he read somewhere about DIY lighter/reduce trigger pull and thought try it out with tapco trigger kit and it broke.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Umm, do you mean the "half moon" of metal missing off the TRIGGER?? That is what is outlined in red! If that is what you are talking about...IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE THAT. It allows the hammer spring to engage the notch cut into the trigger pin so it doesn't walk out of the receiver!

If you are thinking that the back of the hammer has been broken IT ISN'T see below.

BTW that is a 9MM lower parts kit!

Ride Da Fire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Umm, do you mean the "half moon" of metal missing off the TRIGGER?? That is what is outlined in red! If that is what you are talking about...IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE THAT. It allows the hammer spring to engage the notch cut into the trigger pin so it doesn't walk out of the receiver!

If you are thinking that the back of the hammer has been broken IT ISN'T see below.

BTW that is a 9MM lower parts kit!

yeah i dont have a .223 trigger pix, i Google that pix and marked it. it was the hammer pin that broke, the pin that right above trigger index hook.

Latest posts

Top Bottom