Looking for a set of irons for an AR.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

technetium-99m

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Since I'm getting a go fast AR put together and will be moving my optic over to that I have decided I want a set of irons for my little carbine.

I was wondering if the iron sight guys, you know who you are, cough, Kurt, Pinto, Lance, Cywrus, etc. would point me in the right direction.

I want a dedicated set of irons (no backup folding type items) and I would like to put the front sight on the barrel up at the muzzle, so no rail mounted front sights. I want them to be nice and rugged so I could tromp through the woods with them etc.

What parts would you guys suggest?

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
G.T. Go with the A2 Clamp on J.P. or Armalite front sight. I like J.P cause he gives me rifles, but it is a great product. Will we see you at the 3-gun on the 30th?? If so I can show you both the J.P. and Armalite! I have had the J.P. rifle and sight all over the world and in some very extreem conditions and it is still holding zero after 6 years...it,s good gear!.

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I like the the carry handle sight for the rear. I have a railed gas block and found a front sight by UTG that has an amiable red laser mounted to the front. I am real happy with it and it was around $30 shipped....

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Removeable carry handles work, but are heavy as hell. I like the rear sights that DPMS or Olympic arms have just a small A@ style rear with a couple of screws that hold it on. See it on the 30th. P.M. sent

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only problem with the Daniels is the lack of a way to change elevation in the rear sight, That only becomes important if you want to shoot past about 300 or so, which most 3-gun matches do! KurtM

Latest posts

Top Bottom