glock w/ thumb safety?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
anyone used the siderlock trigger safety? did you like it???

Again one of those extra safetie's to make you feel better about carrying the weapon with one in the tube in my opinion. Your primary safety if your trigger finger.

That being said things do happen but a factory glock has 3 internal safeties built in ie. "the long trigger pull to disengage these safeties". Either way it doesnt really bother me one bit to have on in the tube around the house. I'm getting used to moving around with the gun holstered for when my CCL gets here.

But use what makes you feel best and then train with that setup. Otherwise when it comes time to use the weapon in a stressful situation you may end up regretting that decision.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Comonolli (sp) makes a retrofit safety. tits on a bull, though.

Joe Comonolli himself offered to put one on my Glock around 2002, at brother in law price structure, when he was first introducing them. It does require minor machine work on the Tupperware frame to install. I passed on the opportunity and don't regret it. Primary reason; see olyeller comments above.

If you want a Glock with more resistance to being fired if snatched, you could get one of the trigger filler inserts. If you are concerned about losing that insert, attach it to your pistol on a short length of monofilament fishing line.

jimeradams

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rick Devoid is a gunsmith/armorer/instructor with Tarnhelm Supply up in Boscawen, NH. He installs the Cominelli safety levers on Glocks. He's an associate of Massad Ayoob, of gunwriting fame. Tarnhelm.com is his website. I believe they charge $125.00 plus s&h per pistol. Their website states that the installed safety lever does not void the Glock warranty.

idleclamp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you're concerned about accidently pulling the trigger maybe think about getting a NY trigger. I believe it ups the pull to about 12# which will make it much more unlikely for an accidental discharge. Pulling the 'hangy-down-thingy' is the only thing that makes a Glock go bang.