What load does Tom Knapp shoot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobBarker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got done watching Tom Knapp do some shotgun shooting on the History Channel. I realize his gun has a long barrel and a shell extension, thus minimizing recoil, but I was curious what load he shoots that throws such tight patterns, with extremely minimal recoil. Anybody have any ideas? I googled unsuccessfully.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The same way Tiger makes golf look so easy.. ... He is just that good only made better by great equipment and a TON of practice. He shoots over 100,000 shells a year!

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Just got done watching Tom Knapp do some shotgun shooting on the History Channel. I realize his gun has a long barrel and a shell extension, thus minimizing recoil, but I was curious what load he shoots that throws such tight patterns, with extremely minimal recoil. Anybody have any ideas? I googled unsuccessfully.

They just seem tight since he really only shoots things at about 10-15 feet! :)

He uses Federal Gold Medal 28gram #8 1/2's for all of his demonstrations (don't ask how I know) They re-package them in the same federal game load boxes we buy at Wal-Mart. There really isn't that much difference except tighter tolerances on the shot and a bit better components. I imagine the only reason he shoots gold medals is because they are free. He can shoot any ammo and get the same results. The reason there is no recoil is because someone lightens his bolts on his M2 and he is shooting a 28" barrel. That put together with the fact he is a large man and has shot more shells then most of us have ever seen...

M

Latest posts

Top Bottom