Smith and Wesson semi 40 9mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sherifmd

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was at the gun show today and wondered why some Smith and Wesson, semit-auto, both in 9mm and 40 S&W were price what seemed to be low at 279, includingf rebate. The pistols were new. Your thoughts.
Mike
:osu

elcaBob

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sigma is a great gun with a lousy trigger. As long as you're not expecting serious target accuracy out of it, it's great. S/W is currently offering a
$50 mail in rebate or two free magazines when you buy one. I bought one few years back and later sold it. I consider that a mistake. I should have kept it.

nobuttbrian

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those triggers do suck, and they don't improve with age either.however,I had a 40 cal. and shot around 2000 rounds through it and it never failed to go bang.

Rolando

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah those Sigmas get no respect. Maybe they don't deserve high praise but think about it. You can pick one up for $250 and what are you asking it to do? It'll go bang, its not a target pistol. They do have a bad rep for the trigger pull.

nobuttbrian

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IF you can find one to do it, but, you would probably be better off spending a couple hundred more and get the M&P instead.Much better weapon in all ways and just looks better too.

99TROUBLE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just sold an older model Sigma it was a SW40F and the trigger wasnt as bad as the new SW40 VE & SW40E & the fit & finish was allitle better on the pre Glock lawsuit guns as well. They say they improved the gun after the lawsuit but it seemed to me it got cheaper made. Now I do have to say no matter what ammo I shoved thru mine it allways fired w/ no issues,just not as smooth as my XD.

StammesOpfer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't want to put a bad name to it I have an M&P my buddy has a sigma. His sigma worked well for a couple boxes of ammo then started stovepiping every 2-3 rnds seems like a feed ramp problem and S&W is taking a look at it so don't know if it was just a bad apple or something bigger but I love my M&P