I was looking for a 38/.357 lever gun and ran into

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
this on the search of Bud's. Boy they have some good prices.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/advanced_cat_search.php?cated=40&manufacturers_id=275&ITATR_list[1]=&ITATR_list[2]=&ITATR_list[3]=&ITATR_list[4]=&ITATR_list[5]=&ITATR_list[6]=&ITATR_list[7]=&ITATR_list[8]=&ITATR_list[9]=&ITATR_list[0]=

Summary:

Henry 10 + 1 357/38 Special Lever Action w/Octagon Blue Barrel $677
Henry 22 Boy Scout 10th Anniversary Rifle/18 1/4" Blued Barr= $364
Henry Golden Boy .22 LR - $364

Time to start saving my pennies :comfort:

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I checked out the Henrys when I was hunting for a lever. They are nice but the purist in me wanted the old Winchester design of loading via the receiver side rather than the tube rod loading design of the Henrys. Nothing wrong with their design but it just depends on what one is wanting.

I ended up getting a 1866 "Yellowboy" replica in 38 Special. It was imported by Navy Arms but it is most likely a Uberti. Uberti puts out some crazy-beautiful replica rifles.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To each his own I don't want a repo gun nor support a third world country. You get what you pay for almost always I'm sure it's a great value but Henry is made in the USA and if you visit rimfire central you'll see Henry goes above and beyond. There's many a stroy of people not likeing the plastic band and trigger and inquire about a metal one, Henry shipped them the part for free.

If Americans want to keep jobs here they better start buying US products IMO. I have a H001L which is the large loop 22 LR, if the finest lever I've ever owned and that's saying a lot since I loved my Browning BL22 LA. Nothing like hunting with your gloves on!

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To each his own I don't want a repo gun nor support a third world country. You get what you pay for almost always I'm sure it's a great value but Henry is made in the USA and if you visit rimfire central you'll see Henry goes above and beyond. There's many a stroy of people not likeing the plastic band and trigger and inquire about a metal one, Henry shipped them the part for free.

If Americans want to keep jobs here they better start buying US products IMO. I have a H001L which is the large loop 22 LR, if the finest lever I've ever owned and that's saying a lot since I loved my Browning BL22 LA. Nothing like hunting with your gloves on!

Henry's are made in the USA, but to keep costs down, they're full of pot-metal parts that basically get banged up very easily if things don't go smoothly.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

When did Italy become a third world country??

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I like the idea of buying American too.

The only other make I saw mentioned was Uberti. These are Italian, and I am surprised the "third world Country" comment hasn't sparked a response from some of our "sons of Italy" members:D. CB

LtCCMPUnit42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm still shooting my Winchester model '92 in .357 they don't make them anymore, bought mine form the S.O. after thry were phased out for mounted officers. Mine's NOT for sale , but I'll talk to some of the guys on my unit to see if any of them are willing to sell thiers.

I must say that some of them have had the hell shot out of them, but I don't recall ANY malfunctions.

LtCCMPUnit42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Win mod. '92 in 357, but it's not for sale. Was my issue carbine for 17 yrs. Though they have had the hell shot out of them, mine still shoots pretty good out to 100 yds. I'll talk to some of the guys on my unit to see if any of them are willing to sell thiers. We gave S.O. $250 apiece for them and our S&W 686s back in '07, and I doubt that the other guys have shot thiers as much as I have since then.

Sorry, didn't realize that first post went through, thought I had dropped it by accident.

special ed

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have shot cowboy action for 12 yrs. I use a rossi 1892 lever action mine is chamberd for 45 long colt but they have it in 38-357 also. All of you can complain about it being a import but i put at least 10000 rounds a year thru and have had no failures. If you think you have to have american then winchester makes a model 92 and 94, marlin also makes a 1894 cowboy lever action.

Latest posts

Top Bottom