Show us your european mount deer antlers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyson C.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i use a small nail and 20lbs fishing line so you can not see anything, looks good i think, you cant tell how they are staying up there. i have done my own mounts except the shoulder. top far left rack; 10pt found this season (09') while walking an area i'm gonna leave it dirty gives it character, middle shoulder mount my first buck on my first year out (08') 12pt, far right was this years rifle (09') 10pt, and the bottom is my pride and joy so far being my biggest buck with bow this year (09') 12pt. the wife is kinda city and is not a big fan of the skulls.....but i don't all the candles in our house.

Attachments

• mounts1.JPG
    mounts1.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 407

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i use a small nail and 20lbs fishing line so you can not see anything, looks good i think, you cant tell how they are staying up there. i have done my own mounts except the shoulder. top far left rack; 10pt found this season (09') while walking an area i'm gonna leave it dirty gives it character, middle shoulder mount my first buck on my first year out (08') 12pt, far right was this years rifle (09') 10pt, and the bottom is my pride and joy so far being my biggest buck with bow this year (09') 12pt. the wife is kinda city and is not a big fan of the skulls.....but i don't all the candles in our house.

Thats a real nice display. I like it!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Finally got time to take a pic. Not my biggest, but it has lots of mass and is the only one that is so tall. The pics don't do it justice, but oh-well.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_DSC01479.jpg

Gunner always has to be nosey:D

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_DSC01480.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The guy that did mine said that some folks use the small hole in the back of the skull as a place to mount. They use a bolt with the hex head of it in the brain cavity, and fill it with epoxy. The threaded portion of the bolt goes through the mounting board with a nut on the back to keep it in place. He said they inlet the back of the board to make it lay flat on the wall. I'm going to try that as soon as the wood I'm looking for shows up.

Sooner67

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here are a few from SE Kansas area,this rack was a shed both sides found within 50 yards of each other..

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

The next two are done using Mountain Mikes skull mount kits..

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

Tyson C.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
thanks for the compliment. hoping to keep up with decent luck threw out the years and be able to get a wall full :). i have harvested both 12pts off the same place, i just don't think that next year i will be lucky there...my buddy might have me walking his land this time :)

those kits are nice. hoping to find some sheds myself and use them

dennis your new addition looks good!

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got my leetle 09 buck back. Not gonna build a plaque for him like my other one, unless I just get bored next winter. I'll just hang it from a wire.

ai143.photobucket.com_albums_r135_ereif_008.jpg

ai143.photobucket.com_albums_r135_ereif_009.jpg

ai143.photobucket.com_albums_r135_ereif_011_3.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom