ruger 10-22 build info

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdlong

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
made full circle back in the kiamichi mountains in
i have an older 10-22. i want to build a custom jobber out of it. i am the only owner of it. i bought it new back in the late 1980's.i want ot put a bullbarrel, custom stock that is very comfortable,i have a good scope already ,and thinking about a can for it.the only thing i am concerned about is weight because i still want to be able to carry it hunting.i don't want it to anymore than my deer riffle which i think ways about 8-10 lbs.so i am needing info on where to buy the barrel,stock,can,and trigger assembly.
thanks for the help
kenny

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Bass Pro has a ButlerCreek bull barrel and composite stock combo for $159ish IIRC.

You can order the action parts you want to replace on various websites.

Shame there is not, that I know of anyway, places locally that stock such 10/22 interior components.

For a barrel with integral can or threaded barrel, try one of our OSA sponsors.

bink98xcab

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
well that BULL is gonna be where most of the weight is, i took mine squirrel hunting and it will be the last , i think there is light weight barrels but mine is a green mountain and love it , but its just not for carrying a few miles

rrd101

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine has a tactical solutions fluted bull barrel already threaded
and houge overmouled stock got both for less than 300.00
very lite weight and a tack driver
Also have a tac sol barrle on my ruger mkII very very happy with them

Maverick21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the trigger assembly I'd just get the volquartsen hammer and bolt release package. I got mine from midway USA and it really dropped the trigger pull down. Even without the volquartsen sear. Haven't scaled it but I'd guess less than 3 lbs. I also drilled and tapped my own trigger stop into the handguard for absolutely zero overtravel. It's real nice now. Just need a new barrel to make it a tack driver.

bink98xcab

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have a VQ hammer in mine and not the sear like maverick is talking about, i was told on rimfirecentral that was the way to go , and it is worth it, got the trigger pull way down

Latest posts

Top Bottom