Good concealed holster for SW .38 special

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldmtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi -- new member. Have read many interesting posts here. I have SW .38 chief special w/ 2in barrel. I am wanting a conceal holster. My pants are pretty filled up with me and I am thinking an inside the waist band will not work. Thinking I need an outside waist band one but want to make sure I can keep everything concealed. Appreciate any ideas. tks

jej

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welcome.
I carry outside the waistband. I like Don Hume leather holsters. Look at the open top 721 or the JIT slide.
You need a stiff belt to go with it.
jej

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For the money, the Don Hume JIT Slide is the best holster out there. Hell, it may just be the very best OWB holster for the mighty J frame, PERIOD!

I absolutely love mine and wear it quite often. :thumb:

However, I did just spend a C-note on a new Milt Sparks "PMK" OWB holster that I should receive this summer...about June.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pocket carry an option? I have a desantis nemesis pocket holster that is inexpensive and does a good job.

Well, he didn't mention pocket carry, so I just assumed (I know...an ass out of u and me :rolleyes2) that he wasn't interrested in pocket carry.

Pocket carry is probably (and arguably) the absolute worst method of totin' an iron that there is. :disappoin

However...

It's still something that I've done since I got my J frame model 38 Airweight Bodyguard back in October 2008. It's mostly just a BUG. I too carry it in a DeSantis "Nemesis" ON duty, but it rides in a Milt Sparks PCH-R pocket holster OFF duty. Regardless of what holster it wears and whether I'm working or not, it's still in a pocket and it still goes with me...

Every. Single. Day.

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I pocket carry my J-Frame in a Desantis Nemesis, which works well. If I'm going to add the bulk of a holster on my belt I figure might as well jump up to something with a little more firepower. I really like the K&D Defenders I've seen. I think they make one for the 2" J-Frame. It's quite a bit more than the Don Hume though.

jej

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When you look at the Don Hume web site be sure to check out his clearance bin. Really good deals to be had there.

I bought my last Don Hume online from Gunner's Alley. A couple bucks cheaper than direct from Don. Go figger.

jej

Latest posts

Top Bottom