The Marlin model 60

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My first rifle as a kid was a Marlin model 10, a single shot 22 purchased new from TG&Y for about $30. Wish I would have never sold it. My brother had some sort of single shot 22 rifle but I don't remember what it was. He sold it and bought a Marlin 60 and man was that a fun gun to shoot! As a kid it might as well have been a "machine gun" since you could run 18 shots through it as fast as you could pull the trigger.

Personally I've never owned a 60 until a few days ago when I picked one up used\abused at Medlocks. It's actually one of the model 60 variants, a 6081. It has a barrel band\sling mount a slightly different stock. Someone had painted the stock flat black and the metal parts have a little surface rust. I like to take neglected things and make them shine again so I'll be doing some work to this little rifle and post some pics when it is ready.

So's anyway, that's just a little walk down memory lane with the Marlin 60. Have a great day all!

:friday:

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've got one of the old model 60's as well, and she's a joy to take out to shoot. Still very accurate, love those 18rds, and with a decent scope she can put some uber-accurate 10/22's to shame.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Love that .22 rifle. After I graduated from the single shot Winchester .22, my dad took me to OTASCO......way before Wal-Mart may it to Oklahoma.

Man, the fun I had with that rifle. May have to call my dad and have look for it in his garage. Built as well, if not better than a Russian SKS or an AK!!!

Cohiba

53convert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
still own my 75 c which is a marlin 60 with a cut down stock and sling mounts.
Bought it new from Western Auto in 75. ITs been on many a camping trip. still shoots fine.:friday:

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone ever had to replace the tube magazine on your Model 60 because you dented it?

I'm always paranoid about how useful the rifle will be if it gets knocked around too hard.

Latest posts

Top Bottom