College writing gets published

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tcox

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Much more to be said than was included in this peice. It started as an assignment in English Composition and went on to get published. Like i say there is much work left to be done to this peice, and something about the formatting didnt work out. I would like to do this again and have it much more prepared.

http://galleryofwriting.org/writing/1087853

One of America’s biggest political fears is the ban of civilian firearms. This will be one of America’s biggest mistakes if the ban proceeds to pass through Congress. It would not only make the streets more dangerous, but also endanger families financially and ruin many people’s way of life.

First, illegal firearms will be the only firearms on the civilian streets. For example, meth amphetamines are an illegal substance that is not, by any means, difficult to get. It is a very harmful drug that can affect more than just the user. In this case, firearms are not so different. If the only civilian firearms are in the hands of criminals, how will the people be subject to defend ourselves when the time comes? Criminals will have much less to worry about in a burglary, assault, or murder, if firearms are not in the hands of responsible civilians. By civilians owning firearms, a virtual second police force is created by keeping the fear in criminals. This helps to keep crime rate at a minimum.

Second, firearms are how some people make a living. Gene Sears Company is one of the largest suppliers of shooting supplies and accessories in the nation. It is a multi-million dollar business and holds thousands of employers in many aspects. If this ban is to be passed, what happens to these fine men and women who have combined their life hobbies with work to support families? There are many procedures done to prevent major job loss from occurring within the country and this is no different than an automobile industry. Without firearms, many families will be forced to find other jobs that may not currently be available.

Last, shooting is a way of life for many Americans. Like me, many Americans stand strong for what they believe in and will give the last measure to keep the second thing that this great country was built upon. When a war erupts inside the borders of America, armed civilians will play a critical role in keeping families safe and our nation free. A man by the name of Jesus Christ died for what he believed in. This is motivation to at least stand for what we as the people believe in.

In conclusion, banning civilian firearms is a poor choice by Congress. As the second amendment states, the right of the people to keep and bare arms should not be infringed. The ban should be a decision of the people, by the people, for the people.

jdgabbard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very similar to one I wrote a few years back in my comp class in response to a super liberal professor that is as far left wing as you can get. Good job, and well written.

Latest posts

Top Bottom