Sooner State Pawn Best Choice Preps The MIGHTY PEN Co 2A Shooting Center Fat Boy Tactical Badshot Gun Show Mark's Firearms
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default EAA .38 Special "Windicator"

So besides the fact that it sounds like Elmer Fudd named this revolver, it seems to shoot fairly nice.

It is the 2" barrel, chambered in .38 spcl. The papers that came with the gun do not really give any information about whether it can handle +P loads. I read on a couple other forums that some were using +P loads in these EAA revolvers with mixed results. Does anyone know for certain whether these are designed to handle +P rounds?

I don't have a picture of mine currently, but it's basically the same as this stock image:

f
    Beat your plowshares into swords
    And your pruning hooks into spears;
    Let the weak say, “I am a mighty man."

"When young men seek to be like you, when lazy men resent you, when powerful men look over their shoulder at you, when cowardly men plot behind your back, when corrupt men wish you were gone and evil men want you dead . . . Only then will you have done your share." —- Phil Messina My Feedback

Default Re: EAA .38 Special "Windicator"

I'm a diehard S&W fan when it comes to revolvers, so it's hard for me to be objective about anything else. I would try to buy a worn looking Smith revolver before I would buy a EAA/Rossi/Taurus but for a snub .38 the Windicator would probably be OK if you could get one really cheap.

Love their imports, haven't heard anything good about their customer service.
    In the Onion news: Jurisprudence fetishist gets off on technicality.

Quote Originally Posted by Greengiant View Post
    to the liberals we are to stupid for all thought

Quote Originally Posted by farmer17 View Post
    I'm a diehard S&W fan when it comes to revolvers, so it's hard for me to be objective about anything else. I would try to buy a worn looking Smith revolver before I would buy a EAA/Rossi/Taurus but for a snub .38 the Windicator would probably be OK if you could get one really cheap.

I actually am quite inclined to agree with you, but picked this one up brand new never fired for less than MSRP, so not complaining too much.

"When young men seek to be like you, when lazy men resent you, when powerful men look over their shoulder at you, when cowardly men plot behind your back, when corrupt men wish you were gone and evil men want you dead . . . Only then will you have done your share." —- Phil Messina My Feedback

Doesn't sound Elmer Fudd-ish to me

Quote Originally Posted by ez bake View Post
    Doesn't sound Elmer Fudd-ish to me

Well played.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavagan View Post

Well played.
    Thank you wery much.

I not a moderator, but I can easily Chekov the list of rules you are violating by taking this discussion off topic...

Does EAA just import? Who makes these? I am seeing them a lot cheaper then I have ever seen a used S&W (that was operational).

I'm not tempted (yet) but I am an interested party.

I think all EAA does is import. They also import the Witness semi auto pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by Quick_Draw_McGraw View Post
    I think all EAA does is import. They also import the Witness semi auto pistols.
    ...and the one of those that I have had is Tanfoglio made in Italy. Good gun with a few fit issues.

My only problem with those (EAA Witness CZ clones) is that real CZs are so cheap and soooo well made. 10mm is the only thing that drove me away from maminka .

Originally born as the "Vindicator", EAA was sued by another company (don't remember who) that already had the title tied up. Quickest fix was to make it the Windicator. Personally, I thought it was a pretty sharp recovery.

I have one that is .357. I found info on the web says it is made by Walther. Imported by EAA. Mine shoots as good as any 2"bbl revolver I have ever had. I have had both S&W and Colt. The only problem I have with the Windicator is it is a bit bulky for a CCW.

Rex
    Gun Free Zone=KILL ZONE

Integrity, justice, courage, and action - without these, a person is of no consequence.

"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle,
    he likely knows how to use it."

"When I leave my house in the morning, I take all of my rights with me"

Ham Radio
    General Class
    N5TDA

I looked at some at a gun show about 4 years ago and was impressed with the quality they seem to have. They were marked made in germany. I didn't buy one but I wished I had cause at the time they were less than $150. To answer your question I personally wouldn't use any ammo that wasn't marked on the barrel or instructions. You could wind up matching my user name.

Stuck between 2 turds in the bowel of a constipated dragon

Quote Originally Posted by 1eye View Post
    You could wind up matching my user name.
    Oh dang man............

But I agree with the bulk of your post.
    I'm not much on pushing fate either.
    "All my life I've had a bad case of the Fred's. Fredrick Vanderbilt taste on a Fred Sanford budget." Old Fart.
    Want to have a good time? Take a kid plinking.
    **Old Farts Feedback**
    NRA Life/Endowment/Patron member
    Second Amendment Foundation, Life Member

Feo, Fuerte y Formal

Quote Originally Posted by LightningCrash View Post
    In the sewer systems they stick to grease and form Fatbergs in the sewer, which are difficult to remove.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
    Dingle berries won't make a pie so why keep them?
    Quote Originally Posted by JB Books View Post
    No Old Fart, we love you very much.

Newcomer

In my instruction book, pg. 4, it says that +P ammo may be dangerous and will void the warranty.