Ranges near Norman that allow 18 year olds to shoot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not a hunter but how much does that cost and how/ where do I get one?

And thanks for the reply.

I don't know your exact circumstances, but I doubt it will be that easy.

You are most likely going to have to have a hunter safety course before you stroll into Wal-Mart and buy a Resident Oklahoma Hunting License, depending on your age, but then if you were born before the required date to buy a hunting license you would be well over 18, and we wouldn't be having this discussion.

I'm sorry, I'm not much help. I just didn't want you out searching all over for a place to buy a hunting license only to be disappointed. On the flip side, the hunter safety course is a nice course, has tons of safety info, and would be good to have even if you don't hunt regularly on the chance that you might be invited along on a hunt at some time in the future. In that particular situation, all you would have to do at that point in time would be to purchase a license.

Good luck in your search.

TMLoftis

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, thanks for the help.

From what I've gathered from google is I take the hunters education course ,and the involved test, and then I go and simply buy a liscence?

oknavy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Look here: http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/courses.htm

Of note:

"All hunter education classes are free."

"There are two types of classes available. The “regular” 8-hour all classroom courses and “home study” courses."

* Regular (8-hour) classes only require the student to attend the class and take a test.
* Home study classes do not have as many classroom hours, but require significant time (8-12 hours) outside of class to complete the workbook or internet portion of the class. After completing the home study portion, the student will still be required to attend four hours of class, including testing. The four hour class may be broken into two days. You must attend both days of the class in order to take the test.

Latest posts

Top Bottom