how do you carry your j-frame

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was looking at ballistics charts and decided I want to carry a J-frame in .357 Mag(640 series looked nice) and was curious how you folks that have one carry them, pocket, hip, ankle, etc, and which holsters you use, personally i like tuckable crossbreeds and will be getting one, but really interested in info about other types of carry that you guys use yourselfs with jframe or similar revolver in .357 mag, thanks...

Nanotech9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
pocket and hip....

the holster I carry almost daily with my J-Frames sits with a slight forward cant on the hip at about the 4 O'clock position, and is thin enough to slip in a pants pocket.

Non-tuckable of course.

I've also made pocket-only holsters and a rear-cant IWB holster to be worn at about the 1 o'clock position. They actually ride very nice there, and i can keep the gun up high enough and pointed well enough to not interfere with a seated position.

Nanotech9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
no cant holster as ordered:

[Broken External Image]

Pocket holster, designed to keep gun upright in pocket, and will also make-shift as a IWB type by hooking the bottom end in between the belt and pant into a belt loop. Not a daily use thing, but kind of an alternate temporary use application.

[Broken External Image]

cowboydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depending on the situation, I carry my S&W 642 IWB, pocket, or in a SmartCarry. Most often the SmartCarry.

Usually if I am going to the trouble to carry IWB with an untucked shirt, gun belt, etc, I carry a full-size pistol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom