You know you've got a problem when...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're cleaning your bolt/bore outside in the snow so you can go shoot it with your new can (in the snow) and get a good cold/clean measurement :thumb:

This thing kicks so much ass it might just have essence of Chuck Norris in it.

Pretty big shift in POI, but once I got it figured out, I did a quick sight-in (sucky 1 9/16") 3-shot group at 202yds and then a better 4-shot 15/16" group at the same distance - not too shabby seeing as how I was in a hurry and freezing cold.

Cold Clean was 1/2 Minute high (judging from the rest of the shots in the sight-in group) - which I thought was strange, but good to know (hope they pass that suppressor hunting thing soon).

Now, off to YMCA basketball practice!

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good God man, pics already! :)

Its over in the Bolt-gun photo thread, but here goes again:

ai70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_Remington_20700_DSCN8938.jpg

ai70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_Remington_20700_DSCN8939.jpg

ai70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_Remington_20700_DSCN8940.jpg

Here's the target:

Pink one is cold clean shot, the three below it made up my surprise super-low group (me not thinking that I needed a few more minutes of adjustment with the can slowing things down), and the top one is the second group (under the ruler way off to the lower left, just in between the pink/orange rings, is my daughter's shot that wasn't terrible - probably could have been a dead deer and at 200yds that's not terrible for her first time shooting that rifle).

ai70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_Remington_20700_DSCN8942.jpg

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gorgeous!
How's the Recoil?

Much lighter than it was man - but still enough that I know its a center-fire rifle - probably just a hair less than a .223.

As soon as I said I wanted a MOA/MOA setup, I catch myself using the crap out of this Mil-based reticle again and loving how I can range-find to pretty close precision (based on a GPS telling me the same thing). I know I can do the same thing with MOA-based reticle, but I'm good enough with this one that I'll probably stick with what I've got for a while and upgrade when I get some bills paid off.

I need to get a wrap for the suppressor and Elite Iron is out of the 11" wraps, so they've got to backorder one - don't know if I want to wait or if I just want to order a TAB cover.

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
thats awesome! btw what is that bad boy chambered for? guessing a .308 either way still a super sick rig man. coulndt imagine being able to shoot without my ears on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom