Colt .22 Mag Revolver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had a friend call me about selling a pistol, and I want to see if I can find out more info on Colts. I'm not sure what model (it's a woman selling it, and it belonged to her late father), but she told me it's a Colt revolver in .22 mag, and has had very few rounds through it. I know it would help to know the model, but for now I'm working with what I've got. I'm not all that familiar with Colts; do the older .22s have a designation on them so I can find out the model? (Like the "Python", etc. Colt stenciled into the barrels of their larger revolvers). And can the Colts accept different cylinders like the Rugers, so it could also be used as a .22LR? The price doesn't seem like it would be too out of line, so if it turns out to be a decent piece, I might buy it myself. Thanks for any Colt rimfire education.

Powerman620

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a new Colt in the box that was built in 70's that has a 22lr and a 22 mag cylinder with it. They were called New Frointiers and are really nice pistols.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK - to update this thing: turns out it's not a Colt, but a Ruger New Model Single Six. She said she thinks the 22LR cylinder is in her dad's stuff that she needs to go through, and that she'll give it to whoever buys it if (when) she finds it. Not sure on the barrel length, but it is stainless. I've got an idea of the ballpark price from a few online sources; any ideas on common value of a 95% or so condition one in this neck of the woods?