Lets put our talk into action!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iwant1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can always find someone that will criticize gun laws and how they should be changed. Open Carry is an issue right now along with many other little laws that we would like to see lifted. My question:
What are you doing about it?
With the men and women of OSA we could be very powerful if the voices we're using to talk, would take some initiative and write our politicians to request support of current bills that would allow us the freedoms that we used to have and have been unconstitutionally take away from us. Please follow this link to find your Senator and House Rep. Everyone one of them has a webpage and a link that allows you to contact them. It has a little message box in it and all you need to do is cut and paste something like this:
http://www.capitolconnect.com/oklahoma/default.aspx

Senator XXXX,
As a Concealed Carry License Holder, I fully support HB3239.
The right of the citizens to carry firearms in open public was
unconstitutionally taken by the state legislature in 1971. Thanks for your
effort to restore this Right.
Also please support SB 2230. Allow CWL holders to have a firearm in their
locked unattended vehicle on Technology School property, like already for a
college campus.

Thank You
Your Name
Your City, OK

You will be surprised at the e-mails, house and CELL PHONE calls you get from these Senators stating that they are for us, or some have questions, but they need our e-mails and requests. If we want to see change, let's do something about it.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Better if you write a real letter than email. If you use this thread to cut and paste for email, correct the spelling.
Why a real letter? When I send email I normally get a personal response from my State Rep or State Senator within an hour.

The last time I emailed Scott Martin I had a real response back in 15 minutes.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Technology centers will not happen unless they change the entire stucture of a couple of state stautes. Technology centers are blended education serving HS junior's and seniors as well as adult education. I would love to see it happen I am tired of not being able to carry because I have to go into the school to pick my son up or parking off campus when I do carry because I work in K12 education.

Keyser328

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
House Bill 3239 by Skye McNiel in the House and Kenneth Corn in the Senate easily won approval on the Senate floor Thursday morning by a 42-3 vote.
HB 3239, which has often been referred to as the "Aerospace Industry Engineer Work Force Bill,"

Thats from 2008. The current Firearms Freedom Act that has been introduced is HB 2884.

http://www.okhouse.gov/OkhouseMedia/PrintStory.aspx?NewsID=3362

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats from 2008. The current Firearms Freedom Act that has been introduced is HB 2884.

http://www.okhouse.gov/OkhouseMedia/PrintStory.aspx?NewsID=3362

In my searching for an amendment, I did find something interesting...

HB3239 (Derby) has a timestamp of July 27, 2009. Control number 52-2-8089

HB2994 (Enns) has a timestamp of Dec. 23, 2009. Control number 52-2-8334

HB2884 (Moore) has a timestamp of July 27, 2009. Control number 52-2-8080

They are identical bills.

HB3239 takes "SECTION 7...." and adds a space at the beginning of that line.

HB2994 changes the language from "Oklahoma Firearms Freedom Act" to "Firearms Freedom Act". It also changes such language as "Article II, Section 26" to "Section 26 of Article 2", etc...

I just kinda found that interesting.

There's also only one line of difference with SB1685.

Besides, there is no open carry provision in HB3239.

Iwant1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tim Gillespie sent a message to the members of Oklahoma Second Amendment Association (OK2).

--------------------
Subject: Keep the heat on

We are making a difference! Representative Tibbs has said that she will hear an Open Carry bill in the Public Safety Committee. But, now is NOT the time to let up. PLEASE CONTINUE calling and/or emailing Rep. Tibbs and Speaker Benge and tell them you want Open Carry to be heard in the Public Safety Committee. Here are their phone numbers and email addresses:
Rep Tibbs: (405) 557-7379 / [email protected]
Speaker Benge: (405) 557-7340 / [email protected]

Iwant1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hate to assume that everyone is already doing this because it's so important for the future of our weapon laws. If you are at all a 2nd amendment advocate, please e-mail, or write these people about the current bills-it only takes about 2 minutes. The more citizens they are aware of that are speaking out for gun rights in Oklahoma, the harder it will be to vote against.

Latest posts

Top Bottom