Scope choice for 204 Ruger upper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently picked up a 204 Ruger upper for my AR. This will obviously be a varmint and predator rifle. I'm contemplating my scope choice right now. I'm really considering the Bushnell Elite 6500 in 2.5-16X50 for it's versatility. I have 2 of their 4.5-30X50's in the tactical series and I really like them. The one I'm looking at now is offered with reticles of fine multi-X, and mil dot. I'm leaning toward the fine multi-x as I doubt I'll be needing the mil dot. Any thoughts? Any other suggestions for possible scope choices? Thanks.

udiablo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My .204 Ruger upper has a 24" bull barrel. The scope on it is a Leupold 6.5-20with target turrets and a target dot recticle. The lower has a custom trigger.

Your .204 should be pretty accurate. Your scope choice really depends on what you want to use it for. Also consider your trigger pull/consistency if you want to find out how accurate it is.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My intended use is just varmints and predators, i.e. prairie dogs, ground hogs, coyotes, etc.

All my lowers have custom triggers. Most have the JP adjustable trigger.

Latest posts

Top Bottom