Smith & Wesson Bodyguard .380

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
RM the 3rd gen S&W auto's weren't so bad. The Sigma and the early autos just plain suck.

As to this one, I'll say it again. If I have to spend that kind of money for a .380 it better be German made and say Walther on the side.

Slack One

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
looks just like a Taurus. Yipes.

I was thinking "Why wouldn't a gun this size have a larger cap mag and really differentiate from the pack?" Then I thought "Oh yeah, because that many .380s would cost more than the gun."

TallPrairie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, weirdly enough, the S&W Bodyguard at 11.85 oz would be considered a heavy gun in this category, compared to Ruger LCP (9.4 oz), Kahr P380 (9.97 oz), etc.

looks just like a Taurus. Yipes.

It does resemble a Taurus.

Too bad S&W couldn't squeeze a 7th round into the magazine. That would have helped to differentiate their product & provide more reason to buy it instead of some other .380.

Personally, of the new bumper crop of tiny pocket .380s, the one I could see myself buying is the Kahr.

HowardCohodas

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
As to this one, I'll say it again. If I have to spend that kind of money for a .380 it better be German made and say Walther on the side.

Since the Bodyguard 380 comes with an integral laser the price can only be evaluated in terms of the comparative combination of pistol plus laser. Given that perspective, the Bodyguard is very price competitive with the LCP plus CT laser. I never underestimate the marketing prowess of S&W.

BDSolutionsArdmore

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have $438 tied up in my LCP w/CT Laser on it. Only a couple bucks more than this pistol, and the LCP has same capacity, is smaller, and lighter. If your a thrifty shopper and want a pocket pistol I say hello Ruger, and wave bye to the bodyguard. Just my .02

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since the Bodyguard 380 comes with an integral laser the price can only be evaluated in terms of the comparative combination of pistol plus laser. Given that perspective, the Bodyguard is very price competitive with the LCP plus CT laser. I never underestimate the marketing prowess of S&W.
I hear what you are saying. But I just don't really see the point in a laser on a BUG, which any .380 would be for me. It being a .380 relegates it to very short range use in my mind. Most likely at or very close to contact distance. I don't think the laser's going to do much in that role. It is a good marketing ploy though and I bet it does sell. It is kind of cool looking but I'll stick with more powerful platforms.

HowardCohodas

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have $438 tied up in my LCP w/CT Laser on it. Only a couple bucks more than this pistol, and the LCP has same capacity, is smaller, and lighter. If your a thrifty shopper and want a pocket pistol I say hello Ruger, and wave bye to the bodyguard. Just my .02

Bud's has it listed for you to place it on your wish list. They will notify you when it is available and what their price will be. Their estimated price is $432 as compared to the MSRP of $575. S&W BODYGUARD 380 109380 2.75 LASR BLK

Latest posts

Top Bottom