I was speechless when my wife says

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ride Da Fire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know you have been working hard and help me through the pharmacy school. I'll be graduate in 3 months, how about I'll buy you a rifle that you've been always dream of? I was like Hmmm kick me in the balls please, am I dreaming?

I'm looking forward to buy an M1A, yes that's my dream rifle. I would like some help from you guys to pick out an M1A. What do you look for in an M1A? What is the advantage wood stock over synthetic stock? SS barrel or Blued barrel? All M1A I look come with 2stg military trigger, that's cool.

My dad turn 65 soon and I'm about $800 away from enough to buy him an M1A. I want to buy him an M1A for his birthday, my mom pulled out all his pictures and showed them to me 2 years ago. In one of the picture that he took back in 1968 with the USN group, I saw him holding an M14 so I think it's a great gift to my dad.

So from now until May I'm looking at to purchase 2 M1A, any suggestions and advices will be appreciated and I'm looking forward to go shoot with you guys after I get my M1A :):)

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got the wood stock because I like that "old school" look. The only possible "advantage" would probably be weight. I think they are lighter than the fibre glass stocks but I could be wrong.

Oh and the wood stocks are better looking than the FB stocks. :D

You'll like the M1A. Get the loaded model or go all the way and get the national match. The loaded model is the best value SA offers IMO.

Ride Da Fire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh and the wood stocks are better looking than the FB stocks. :D
You'll like the M1A. Get the loaded model or go all the way and get the national match. The loaded model is the best value SA offers IMO.

yes, I agreed. Wood stock are better and keep the original looks on M1A. I look for the fully loaded on Budgunshop.com, they do carry them but OUT OF STOCK. Budgunshop does have better price for M1A compared to impacguns. Dang it I can't wait, I love the M1A.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yes, I agreed. Wood stock are better and keep the original looks on M1A. I look for the fully loaded on Budgunshop.com, they do carry them but OUT OF STOCK. Budgunshop does have better price for M1A compared to impacguns. Dang it I can't wait, I love the M1A.

The loaded model is probably the most "bang for the buck" out there, but mine came with a synthetic stock - I've been on the lookout for a wood stock, but haven't been able to get my hands on one at the same time I had the money to burn.

If you're getting your dream rifle - make sure the M1A is what you want - there are other guns out there man... (like the Garand, FAL, Thompson Semi-auto 1927, super-nice hand guns of all shapes/sizes, etc...)

Ride Da Fire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The loaded model is probably the most "bang for the buck" out there, but mine came with a synthetic stock - I've been on the lookout for a wood stock, but haven't been able to get my hands on one at the same time I had the money to burn.

If you're getting your dream rifle - make sure the M1A is what you want - there are other guns out there man... (like the Garand, FAL, Thompson Semi-auto 1927, super-nice hand guns of all shapes/sizes, etc...)

This is why I have to go over with you guys first, I always wanted an M1A with a adjustable cheekpiece on the stock, I couldn't find one for under 2k so I keep on dreaming about it until my wife offered to buy me a rifle :). Now I can have my dream rifle. I'm not a big fan of FAL, don't get me wrong, I like how it look and all but I'm more into American made military rifle. M1 Garand is on my collection list too but not my dream rifle :) Wilson Combat and M1A are must have FIRST.:rubhands:

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kick me in the balls!! Haha that's funny. I kinda felt the same way when I say a LaRue package on my GF's front steps and she sent me a picutre later of the LaRue TAD Gear Ranger hoodie!!! Woohoo!

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got a Kahr P9 in and the wife ok'd an AR-10 which I've been waiting for. Needless to say when she ok'd it, it was ordered minutes later. Should be in next week. I'm speechless, but she is already hitting me up for jewelry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom