Purchasing numerous stripped lowers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you're purchasing them in bulk through a single dealer, the 4473 has multiple lines for entry of more than one "gun". I don't remember exactly how many, but it was around 5 IIRC. Remember that if you purchase more than one "pistol" receiver, the dealer will have to fill out a multiple sale form on the deal.

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you're purchasing them in bulk through a single dealer, the 4473 has multiple lines for entry of more than one "gun". I don't remember exactly how many, but it was around 5 IIRC. Remember that if you purchase more than one "pistol" receiver, the dealer will have to fill out a multiple sale form on the deal.

Multiple sale form? Elaborate please :P

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
dealer does a form if a person buys more than 2/3 pistols in a single 7 day period. Not sure if it applies to receivers. Dealer does it, you don't

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ah okay, thanks! Now next question, if Jerry is right about the 5 guns on each form (which I'm sure he is), is there anything against buying like 6-7 lowers and having to fill out 2 forms? Is it frowned upon or should I be okay to go?

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ah okay, thanks! Now next question, if Jerry is right about the 5 guns on each form (which I'm sure he is), is there anything against buying like 6-7 lowers and having to fill out 2 forms? Is it frowned upon or should I be okay to go?

There's no law against it, but eyebrows might be raised as to if they're all for you - if they're not all for you, then you shouldn't be filling out 4473's for those receivers that aren't yours. Depends on the FFL - some FFLs see guys come in and buy multiple firearms all the time and they're for personal use - others don't deal with that a lot and might not be as comfortable with it.

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's no law against it, but eyebrows might be raised as to if they're all for you - if they're not all for you, then you shouldn't be filling out 4473's for those receivers that aren't yours. Depends on the FFL - some FFLs see guys come in and buy multiple firearms all the time and they're for personal use - others don't deal with that a lot and might not be as comfortable with it.

Thanks for the information everyone!

Latest posts

Top Bottom