Monarch Ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ipissexcellence

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought some Monarch .40cal ammo from Academy, I had 7 out of 50 fail to fire. I have never had a problem with this gun (PT-140) not going bang. I dont have alot of experiance with monach ammo. Has anyone had this problem with Monarch.

StammesOpfer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have shot monarch in 308, 223, 380, and 9mm. Never had a problem with any of them. Sounds like a bad batch. for my 40 I usually buy federal from walmart cheaper and I trust federal more that monarch.

chris

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've shot lots of their .223 and 7.62x39 with no problems at all. It is more dirty than higher priced ammo, but it always goes bang in my rifles.

I think some may be Berdan primmed, since the steel Monarch I use in from Russia. I've heard those need a harder strike than the normal US cartridges do.

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i have shot probably 500 rounds or so of the monarch 9mm. and never had a dud, probably just a bad batch.

my favorite ammo that is not much more expensive than the monarch, form academy is the aluminum cased blazer ammo, but the monarch is good for the money, i would take it back in next time and make them give you the equivalent discount off you're next box.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've put probably two dozen boxes of Monarch 7.62x39 ammo through an RPK and an AR - no problems in either case.

Latest posts

Top Bottom