Yildiz O/U shotgun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttt

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kirk,

Is your 48AL a 12 ga? I regularly shoot a 48AL 20 ga. I actually find it very comfortable and the recoil negligible with all loads, including the heavier ones. In fact, I think it is more tolerable than my O/U.

Having said that, I think that the 48AL is the one shotgun in my collection that fits me the best. Perhaps that is why the recoil is not noticeable to me.

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes sir it's a 12ga. I don't kow but for some reason the recoil of that shotgun just gets to me! I can shoot it well, it fits me good well after the collar bond and shoulderblade thing shotguns are a bit odd pulling up on targets these days but I am working on getting over those little issues. I liked the looks and feel of the little Yildiz so I can't see why it would be a bad thing with all the good words I have read about them just too bad they don't have an English straight stock, don't ask why I just think they look sexy :naughty: Later,

Kirk

ttt

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Understood. The recoil is more of a slap than a push like the Benelli. I too have been looking for a cheap alternative when the conditions are rough. I am just not sold on them yet. Please do post a report on this gun should you get it.

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ttt, yep the 48AL will slap ya but it's a nice gun to carry phesant hunting, I'll post what my findings are granted it will be a month or so before I get it but I'll let everyone know my thoughts and opinions. Folk's thanks for the thoughts, opinions, and links. Later,

Kirk

Latest posts

Top Bottom