Yildiz O/U shotgun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok I was at Academy the other day and saw one of these shotguns, a little 20ga and thought this would be a nice shotgun for my girlfriend and I to shoot some clay birds and maybe dove and quail! anyone have any first hand opinions on these shotguns? I mean $400 would not hurt the bank too bad but another question I had is does anyone know a cross reference to choke tubes for this brand? anyway I'd appreciate your imput. Later,

Kirk

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad bought one. It is worth every bit of $400 IMO. Independent ejectors and barrel selection feature. I took his 12 out to the 5 stand match at the gun club after he got it. It shoots very nice. Not a trap gun for sure, but for an occasional trip to the skeet range and hunting duty full time it's a pretty nice shotgun you'll enjoy shooting and won't cry when you fall down chasing ring necks.

S&W 10

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
This link may be of some assistance; it'll at least be a pretty good overview from several Yildiz owners. I've heard some pretty good things about them, but don't have any first hand experience.

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewforum.php?f=104

I'm not aware of any choke interchangability, you may want to check with Trulock, Briley, Carlson's or Colonial. I didn't look on all their sites, but Briley has them listed for sure. I've used all of these Brands with equal success, but lean towards the Trulocks for pattern, durability and price.
The last time I was at Academy looking for choke tubes they had good selection of tubes for the Yildiz, but was fairly limited for other brands.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a 20g O/U last year. Worth every penny!! Great shotgun
ai49.photobucket.com_albums_f284_kevinmichaeldick_yildiz2.jpg

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks fella's! most of my shooting has been LR rifle the last 10 or 15 years and a bunch of friends have what is called a beer and bird day, everyone gets together and shoots clays, cooks up whatever, and well later drink beer. I need a decent shotgun and after messing my shoulder up my 12ga. hammers me! I've gone back to my single shot 410 and well it just don't look right ya know? everyone has thier 12's and 20's and I'm standing there with my little ol 410 :pms2: plus I'd like to have a follow up shot if need be. I'll check out the link and see what they have to say. Again fella's thanks a mess! Later,

Kirk

S&W 10

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
..I need a decent shotgun and after messing my shoulder up my 12ga. hammers me!...

Kirk

If I'm not mistaken the Yildiz SPZ ME 20 is only about 5 3/4 lbs (2.6 Kg) and not knowing how badly you damaged your shoulder, this light weight could still hammer you. The one I handled was muzzle heavy, so adding a little weight or a recoil reducer to the stock could help with both balance and recoil. Shooting moderate velocity 7/8 oz loads will also help in the recoil department and won't handicap you in the least for dove, quail, or clays; lighter loads may even prolong the life of the light alloy frame on the Yildiz depending on the volume of shooting you intend to do.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How's the fit and finish? Cheap is good, but I've had O/Us I had to whack against a tree to get them to open and it's just not worth it.

Also, when you're talking about stack-barrels, what does "worth every penny" of $400 mean? Does it mean, "alright, but what do you want for $400?" or "this is an amazing value for $400"?

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My uncle - a beretta guy - really like it and is getting one just for the fun of it.

I figure the recoil would be bad - but it wasn't

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh I have a Franchi 48AL it's REAL LIGHT! after a box the shoulder hurts a couple days for sure. I'm more looking at an O/U that if I put it against a fence to cross and it slides I'll not be too upset ya know? I'd like to come up with a 28ga. but dang the shells are just so high! kinda like the 410 these days. Mostly I'm more worried about the girlfriend and the recoil, pretty sure she should be ok with a 20ga. and the light loads or I could just get back into reloading shotgun but I'd have to build a larger loading bench being mine is full of rifle stuff.

I guess I need to do some searches on some shotgun sites and get a better idea but for the $400 I don't think it would hurt all that bad but the scope for the 308 HAS to be first. Later,

Kirk

Latest posts

Top Bottom