Carry Holster for Glock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

repete34

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been using a clipdraw because of the width of the Glock. May people have an issue with them because nothing covers the trigger. My body and my pants cover the trigger, and for me that is enough. I carried a G23 that way for about 10 years. Some will also say that because they do not have an external safety they should not be carried without extra messures. I say a revolver has never had an external safety.

But this is only my opinion, and you asked for it. :)

I say carry what YOU feel most comfortable with!

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A Milt Sparks Summer Special II is hard to beat. Very comfortable, even for up to 16 hours a day. Concealable, durable and high quality. Quick presentations from this holster are no problem. Retains gun extremely well.

My 1st choice to carry a Glock 19/23 series. Brownells usually has this and other popular models for Glock in stock.

BigRed82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are tons of holsters to choose from. The best way to narrow the selection is to decide upon a few things.

First, which Glock are you wanting to conceal carry? A G26? A G35?
Size will to an extent determine the answer to the next two questions.

Second, how are you wanting to carry? Inside the waistband or outside the waistband? Both have pros and cons.

Third, which position are you wanting to carry? Appendix (AIWB), 3:00, or more like 4:30-5:00? Different holsters work better in different positions.

Fourth, which type of construction are you wanting to go with? All leather, leather/kydex hybrid, or all kydex? Each has their pros and cons.

Fifth question, do you have a good belt? A good carry belt is 1/2 of the equation. A good holster won't be up to its full potential without a good belt.

As far as makers go, the most popular are as follows (in no particular order):
Leather:
Milt Sparks
Don Hume
Del Fatti
Brommeland
Garrity
K&D
and the list goes on and on....

Hybrid:
Crossbreed supertuck
Comptac MTAC
(there are probably a few more)

Kydex:
Raven "Phantom"
Comptac CTAC
CCC Looper
FIST
(probably a few more that I can't think of right now)

I have carried various Glocks and 1911s in Raven Phantom holsters for almost 2 years now and am still very pleased with the setup. I am currently waiting on a CCC Looper to arrive to test out. IMO, the best thing to do is see if you can meet up with people on the board at a local range and play with their gear. That and search the various holsters at forums such as this, m4carbine, glocktalk, sigforum, etc. Good luck! :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom