Hello, newb here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OSUALUM78

New to the site!
Reaction score
Hello, newb here

I did the proverbial search to find my answer but to no avail. I may be new here but not new to forums.

So my questions is:

my wife has a Ruger LCP with CTC, and we just shot it for the first time this last weekend. A nice little 380, but we both didn't like how long the trigger pull is. The trigger was a little tough to pull too, but her/my main concern is how long the pull is.

Is there any gunsmith/parts to get to shorter the pull on it? If there is gunsmith, where near Tulsa area, and approximate cost? If parts to get to gunsmith (I wouldn't know how to do the change), where to get parts?

Thanks

OSUALUM78

New to the site!
Reaction score
Oh, and anyone got a recommendation on place to get some Trijicons (either 3 dot: green/green/green; or 3 dot: green/yellow/yellow) put on in the Tulsa area, and at what cost? This would be for my SA XD40sc

Thanks

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you really don't want to lighten or shorten the pull on the LCP it is a DAO gun that has no safety and the long pull acts as such for a pocket pistol. If your looking for a better trigger you are probably going to have to put some money down for eitehr a Kahr .380 or a Sig P238 both have excellent triggers.

Sorry I don't know anyplace in or near Tulsa that does the work you need. But it would be my guess that by the time you put the money into the LCP for parts and Labor that you would be better off just saving the money and purchasing something a little better.

This is not a slight against the LCP because I own one and love it.

tm8634

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you really don't want to lighten or shorten the pull on the LCP it is a DAO gun that has no safety and the long pull acts as such for a pocket pistol. If your looking for a better trigger you are probably going to have to put some money down for eitehr a Kahr .380 or a Sig P238 both have excellent triggers.

i agree totally with the above cause i own one too (LCP) and love it but i cant help you with your later question,:sorry1:

okie98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have one and have learned to love it. I hated the trigger at first but after 350 rounds, either the trigger has gotten lighter or I have learned to deal with it. At 10 yards pop cans don't have a prayer.

Stingray

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a Kel-Tec P-11 with a similar long pull. I never could get used to it. I ended up trading it off for a CZ82, which I like a lot better. You may consider trying out a single action/ double action gun to see if it's more to your taste.

-S

popo103

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a Kel-Tec P-11 with a similar long pull. I never could get used to it. I ended up trading it off for a CZ82, which I like a lot better. You may consider trying out a single action/ double action gun to see if it's more to your taste.

-S

I hear ya about the Kel Tec, I have a PF-9 and the trigger is almost unbearable, it now sits taking up space in my nightstand.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Contact Accurate Iron (Olyeller on here). He works on plastic guns, which is something that not every gunsmith will (or should) do.

You can have work done to the trigger of a carry gun, or a DAO gun without any issues.

You don't want to make it too light, but if its smoothed up (the KelTecs have horrible triggers), it makes for a more consistent trigger pull (which is very good on a defensive gun).

I'd say (and I know this sucks with the price of .380) that you don't want to have any trigger work done until the gun is good and broken in - which means you might have to put several hundred rounds through it before having work done (and then it might be to the point where you want it anyway).

Latest posts

Top Bottom