Benelli Nova vs. Cheaper semi?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gbart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im debating on getting a new all around shotgun. Will be 28'' will be used for everything from ducks to doves to turkey. Gotta get ready for next month :). Semi is not a huge deal but would be a +. Would i be better off just getting the Nova and the quality of Benelli vs going a cheaper route and paying a hundred more for a charles daily or Stoeger? I like the Stoeger but wish it was chambered in 3.5's as well. Probably gonna buy next week and cant decide. What would you do? Any other options you would choose from. Gonna try to keep it under 500 thats why im thinking of throwing out the stoeger as well, Can get the CD for like 450 shipped, not sure of their quality though.

Gbart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kinda what i was thinkin as well, quality and long lasting will be the main thing here so the nova is where im leaning as well. Anywhere local you guys know of have it for a good price? Are most places pretty evenly priced on them? thanks

1eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been shotgunning for over 30 years and thoroughly love all my shotguns. What I consider to be the 3 most important issues when purchasing one is affordability, quality and personal preference not exactly in that order. If I can't afford exactly what I want then I buy the one that will have the best value when I can afford to upgrade. Personally I would buy a used Remington auto before I bought a new Stoeger or Daly. If that wasn't possible I would buy the Benelli and use it till I could afford to trade it for a higher quality semi-auto. This isn't based on which is a better gun simply on investment strategy to someday get where you want to be. Remember, this is just my opinion and it won't buy a cup of coffee any where you go. Good luck and have a blast.

Gbart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice thanks guys i called gene sears today and got 349 for a quote be around 380 after tax so i think thats pretty good deal, most online dealers are around 379. Im just going for the all black version. Hopefully gonna drive out to elreno and pick one up on monday :).

Gbart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dont know what happened there my post i just posted is now at the top with an 1140 time stamp on it. Seems like theres something new wrong with this forum everyday.

Gbart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
went by outdoor america today since they had a nova black 28'' in stock. Really liked the feel of it good balance to it and smooth as butter for a pump. Felt a browning higher dollar one and the Nova actually felt smoother. Couldnt quite pull the trigger on it though (no pun intended). Im hell on decisions so gonna sleep on it till monday and hopefully ill make myself go pick one up. Gene Sears has 2 just in case they sell theirs this weekend. Ill report back and say what i end up doing. Hopefully ill be patterning this bad boy monday afternoon turkey season is just around the corner.

Latest posts

Top Bottom