need help figuring out what it was

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
so, it has been over a year, i went to the range almost a year and a half ago when i got my m9. and this random stranger next to me was shooting some handgun, i honestly cannot remember any distinguishing features to it except that he offered out of nowhere to let me shoot it, and i asked what it was and i forgot what he said it was, but the thing was he said "it shoots the same ammo as my rifle" and he opened the clip and showed me the rounds and it was a typical looking high velocity rifle round. i do not even know the caliber, but i id i had to guess... like a 223 maybe?

it was not any larger than any other gun i have seen, it was just a typical black tactile side arm.

i have no idea what either of them was, but i am curious about it. thinking about it. a 223 might be a bit big, so it may have been smaller, but i know it was not a 22 or a 17.
any ideas?

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe an FN 5.7?

aupload.wikimedia.org_wikipedia_commons_thumb_2_25_Five_seveN_USG.jpg_800px_Five_seveN_USG.jpg

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 thats what came to my mind right away.
The gun was made for jungle warfare and can shoot right through a tree and into whoever is hiding behind it.

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
those rounds look very familiar, i guess they go in the p90, any other guns that round is used in besides the p90 and converted ar's?

also any idea what those cost? i know the gun on gunbroker appears to be 800-1500 for the pistol. what about the ammo is it very expensive?

Khest

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Brand new for 5.7 around has been $900+. I have not seen a used one yet. It shoots FN 5.7mmx28. Which is about $18-22 for a box of 50.

Khest

Khest

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got to shop around some, though for the most part everyone has jacked the price up to $1000 point mark. Ammo is average price I say to .223/5.56. Same diameter bullet, just less powder.

Khest

Latest posts

Top Bottom