Over/Under Shotgun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NeekReevers

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I am looking for some suggestions for a good over/under shotgun. Honestly it won't get shot a whole lot and when it is it will mostly be for clay pigeons with maybe a little bird hunting mixed in. I want a good gun, but nothing too fancy because my budget won't allow it....probably in the 5-8 hundred dollar range. Definitely want a single trigger and screw in chokes. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.

1eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's really a lot of decent choices out there for what you are looking for. Hard to say what is the best. If I was looking for one based on what you asked I would compare the stoeger line real close to the others. You can buy a good two barrel set in your price range that most manufacturers don't offer. The quality is good and you can have two gauges with one gun.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always had a lot better luck hitting with a O/U than a S/S.
I just couldn't focus on all that width up there on the S/S.
Ended up just shooting a pump.
But you see lots of those Stoegers being bought.

rw1341

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a used Ruger Red Lable twoyears ago ($800). It came with a full set of tubes. Love the gun! I only shoot dove and clays with it. Shoots better than I can. Makes me look like I know what I'm doing!

S&W 10

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you'll consider a used shotgun it may be possible to find a quality O/U in the range you are willing to spend. At the big Tulsa show coming up, you might be able to find a Citori or SKB with a little cosmetic wear close to $800.