City/ lake boat fishing permits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Duncan requires a permit for float tubes also. :scratch:

Pat

Yeah, most of the small town city lakes including Longmire mentioned in last Sundays Oklahoman sports page will try to make a little money on just about anything at the lakes they own. Glad to see another tube fisherman on here that is willing to venture out on some bigger water than a farm pond. As a side note for anyone interested, the Duncan Police Dept. has a real presence at the Duncan lakes and will be the ones to check you if you do get checked. The guy in charge of the enforcement at the lakes is named Rusty and he is a good guy and if I remember correctly is an FFL holder and knows his firearms. Good conversation if he is not to busy and I would'nt be surprised to find out he is a member here.

Bullbuster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FYI for all interested

I stopped by Lake Stanley Draper on Sat the 27th. ALL boat ramps are closed till further notice due to low water levels I checked all 3 ramps I knew of. I know they have been closed for some time but didn't know for how much longer. Only info I could get was the water needs to come up atleast 4 feet before any ramp would be considered for re opening. That came from an officer at the lake PD office.

Yet again I learned that those that work at the lake store that I have spoken to haven't a clue about anything with the lake other than knowing its name. I have to assume the young kid working the counter was on his frst day on the job.

DrTurkenstein

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Both Ellsworth and Lawtonka require a permit to fish and another for a boat. The boat permit is for either fishing or sporting(water ski,tubing, etc). Don't let Lawton PD, they patrol the lakes, catch you without the right permit. It's not a good time. Luckily for me the judge dismissed as I was the dumb new guy. I thought the boat permit allowed all on board to fish without a permit. That's how I've experienced it in other states.Yeah, not so much.

Both of the lakes are owned by Lawton even though neither lake is within the City. You need a permit for everything - fishing, jug fishing, trotlines, hunting, fishing boat, recreational boat and more. Yearly permits are $10 for each type or $1 for daily use.

Bullbuster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ya I have the hunting permit as I duck hunt both of them.

I tell ya what its getting more and more costly to even enjoy the simple things in the outdoors around here. In all the states and places's I have hunted and fished in my life I have never had to pay as much to do so as I have to here in OK.

Also does anyone have any idea how long its going to take to fix the pump house at Draper. I've been in the area sense Aug and it was already broke then.

m.rehme

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just picked up my Duncan permits last week, cost me $50.
$25 for a boat
$15 for a couple to fish ($10 single person)
$10 for jug lines

At Waurika you need either a daily or yearly permit to use the boat ramps.
Believe it was $3 a day or $35 a year.

Latest posts

Top Bottom