City/ lake boat fishing permits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bullbuster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do most of the cities and lakes around the state require a permit for fishing and or boat use?

I have only fished Draper so far. I just picked up a boat and am wonder how things work outside the OKC area.

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do most of the cities and lakes around the state require a permit for fishing and or boat use?

I have only fished Draper so far. I just picked up a boat and am wonder how things work outside the OKC area.

I know the Oklahoma City lakes require you to have the boat permit. Not sure about other lakes, Lake Texoma doesn't require an additional lake permit.

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it is an actual city lake, then yes it's my understanding that most do require a boat and/or fishing permit from the city. Lakes managed by the state or COE do not.

Where are you planning to go?

vicious

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I usually buy a yearly permit at the Duncan City lakes. Fugua, Clear Creek, Humphries and Duncan all require a city permit.

I do the same. One permit works for all of the Duncan lakes. My understanding is that Waurika has a permit requirement as well. I'm pretty sure my Duncan permit was $25 for the year. You can also get day passes, and I think they are around $5. Don't quote me on that though.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most of the Corps of Engineers lakes also require a launching fee. Its somewere around $35 a year for each lake, or a buck a day. It should be well posted with signs if its required on the corps stuff. City lakes may not be so well posted.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most of the Corps of Engineers lakes also require a launching fee. Its somewere around $35 a year for each lake, or a buck a day. It should be well posted with signs if its required on the corps stuff. City lakes may not be so well posted.

COE lakes let you launch for free if camping, since they are all COE ran grounds as well.

Bullbuster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll mostly use my boat at Draper and probably Heffner. I'll also be makeing runs south to Lawtonka and Ellsworth for fish and ducks in the fall. I know Medicne Park has a fishing and hunting city permit and boat permit as well.

I may run east to some lakes and such for cats at some point. Up till now I have only bank fished with my kids. So this boat permit is new to me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom