taurus public defender opinions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ok_general

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, any 410 shell will fit as long as it's the right length for your cylinder. I would say the recoil is equal to a 45 acp. The ribber grip on the Taurus revolvers makes it really comfortable to shoot.

TallPrairie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the whole concept is ridiculous.

Nah, it makes sense as a snake/vermin repeller. In articles and reviews etc. I've seen decent close-up patterns with birdshot, though it does seem to depend on ammo choice. Find a good load and you get more anti-snake horsepower than a handgun shotshell, in a package that's way easier to carry than a long gun. What's ridiculous about that?

I'm not convinced on these things for defense against violent human assailants.

I can see why people buy 'em. It isn't a priority for me.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not quite but close. I lived in LA during the 60's and 70's and did allot of trout fishing on weekends. I carried a Colt SA 45 with 410 shells cut off to fit the cylinder. I would just plug the end with wax, made a fantastic snake gun. I didn't invent this trick a cowboy shooter friend of mine used it for his show. This was back when Colt SA's were affordable and shot-out barrels were not too hard to find :naughty:

I can sure see why one would want to buy the Taurus.

Latest posts

Top Bottom