Starting to move into the creeks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went on Kaw yesterday(Monday) afternoon. Went into the lake, and didn't catch anything, but when we got to the mouth of the creek, we started picking up
some sandies, and crappie.
We ended up bringing home 20 sandies, all males, and 3 slab crappie. Released a dozen or so small fish.
They have the lake pulled down so much, you can't get on up into the creek very far at all.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Caught 10 sandies in the river today in a couple hours. The bank was lined with fishers and I was too late to get an open spot on the river, but I did fair better than some that had been there longer. A buddy of mine caught 2 sharing the same spot.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My buddy went by himself to the same place we had luck on monday and couldn't even get close. They are still pulling the lake down. He caught one, and talked to others that had caught no more than two.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Caught these yesterday at Skiatook. First trip of the year for me, so I'm happy. Hooked up a couple more quality fish that didn't make it to the boat. All caught on Chartreuse crankbaits in 3-6ft of water in the creeks.

2lb1oz smallmouth
ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s157_Glocktogo_CIMG4168.jpg

2lb3oz Largemouth
ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s157_Glocktogo_CIMG4172.jpg

3lb4oz Largemouth
ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s157_Glocktogo_CIMG4171.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom