Holster review – IWB Lobo Gunleather

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will be the first to admit I am a holster snob but I also am trying to realize there is no PERFECT holster.

You're right...there's no "perfect" holster. However...IMHO, the Galco "Combat Master" is about as close to perfect as it gets.

I own THREE of 'em! :ooh2:

One for my 2nd gen Glock 22, another one for my Colt Cobra snubbie and one for my latest addition to the family, my "vintage 1979" Smith & Wesson model 60 no dash Chief's Special.

Thanks Rob! :thumb:

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're right...there's no "perfect" holster. However...IMHO, the Galco "Combat Master" is about as close to perfect as it gets.

I own THREE of 'em! :ooh2:

One for my 2nd gen Glock 22, another one for my Colt Cobra snubbie and one for my latest addition to the family, my "vintage 1979" Smith & Wesson model 60 no dash Chief's Special.

Thanks Rob! :thumb:

If you don't quit bragging about all this fine leather and NOT posting a picture, I am going to ban you. Oh wait, I can't ban people. Oh well I will give you a real stern verbal warning. :)

BC

pokefun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not married to the guy or anything but why didnt you guys send them back. I know he would have made it right.

I am not displeased with it, it will be used. I don't really care what an IWB looks like as long as it holds the weapon securely. It is what it is.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is a quick update on my Lobo IWB. I have been carrying it quite a bit and it has served its purpose extremely well. The only thing that bothered me was the non pull-the-dot snaps it came with. Every once in a while if I pulled my rig up by my belt, it would unsnap one of the loops (can't have that). So the other day I decided to switch them out for pull-the-dot snaps. I can honestly say this might be the perfect holster [for me].

ai373.photobucket.com_albums_oo177_BurkC_P6070002.jpg

K-Man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only thing that bothered me was the non pull-the-dot snaps it came with. Every once in a while if I pulled my rig up by my belt, it would unsnap one of the loops (can't have that). So the other day I decided to switch them out for pull-the-dot snaps. I can honestly say this might be the perfect holster [for me].

BurkLee: It's those kinds of details, or the lack thereof, that concerns me. Especially coming from a holster maker who claims to have 38 years of experience making holsters.

People should, IMO, research the methods/processes a holster maker uses in the making of their holsters. Details ultimately make the difference in providing the end user with a functional, and durable, holster. Detailed pictures of a holster tell an indisputable tale as well.

I know there are a lot of factors that are considered when deciding on a holster. We often hear now from folks that they've been doing a fair amount of research when they're trying to decide on a holster. That's the way it should be. My recommendation is do not skimp on getting a quality holster for carry.

It's good to hear that you're satisfied with the holster, and I hope it serves you well.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree for the most part. I talked to him about the snaps and was assured that the ones he used would hold as good as pull-the-dot. I didn't say anything but I knew better.

I will also agree that the truth is in the details (to a point). Now where I think the cost effectiveness of a holster starts to diminish is with exotic leathers , trim pieces, tooling etc. Your holsters, for example, less expensive than Milt Sparks but function every bit as well. Lobo IWB (with the exception of the snaps) works every bit as well as a $100 holster. Does it looks as nice laying on the cabinet, maybe not but I would rather spend that extra $50 on ammo, or beer :)

Thanks again

Burk

BurkLee: It's those kinds of details, or the lack thereof, that concerns me. Especially coming from a holster maker who claims to have 38 years of experience making holsters.

People should, IMO, research the methods/processes a holster maker uses in the making of their holsters. Details ultimately make the difference in providing the end user with a functional, and durable, holster. Detailed pictures of a holster tell an indisputable tale as well.

I know there are a lot of factors that are considered when deciding on a holster. We often hear now from folks that they've been doing a fair amount of research when they're trying to decide on a holster. That's the way it should be. My recommendation is do not skimp on getting a quality holster for carry.

It's good to hear that you're satisfied with the holster, and I hope it serves you well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom