input on Smith and Wesson M&P15T

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neginfluence04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A co-worker is looking to buy one of these and was asking me about them i told him i had no clue. In your opinion are these guns worth the 1,300.00 price tag and if so why, if not why? I tried talking him into building a AR but he wants a warranty and hes not a very patient person. He also said something about a M&P15FT but i have no clue what the difference is and neither does he. I told him to log on to the sight and make a profile but we will see until than any inut would be greatly appreciated. The cheapest i found it online for was 1,230.00 and the cheapest locally is 1,300.00 PLUS TAX. Unfortantly hes not wanting to buy used or any other models. We wants a S&W M&P15 to match his M&P pro 9mm (***) lol. If you own one post up some pics thanks for the info it will be passed on

Bootleggn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have stuck mainly to the m&p's due to their reliability, and finish. Not to mention having a Milspec buffer tube, etc.. Also, I am one of sorts who like to purchase guaranteed products from a reputable company. I don't get the hype on all of the other "tactical lowers" such as spikes, etc. IMHO, they don't look as nice. With that said, I can say that from my experiences with S&W AR15's its hard to own anything else when I have had ZERO negative experiences w/ them.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally, I'd rather have a Sabre Defense for around the same money.

You give up a mil-spec buffer tube, but you gain B-11595E barrel steel (rather than 4140) and a 1/7 barrel twist (and you get the thunder cat logo on the lower :thumb:).

You can always replace the stock with something better (easily), but the 1/7 twist and mil-spec steel only replaced with a different barrel - that's a bit more cumbersome.

Edited to add: I just realized you're talking about the M&P 15T - in that case, I'm not a huge fan of Smith's use of Troy's rail system, but then again, I really don't like most of the "tactical" setups directly from Sabre either. Check out Daniel Defense's railed setups.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The T is a good rifle, I've had one since they came out, runs great. 1300 is a little pricey now days, you can find a M&P OR, or a X for a lot cheaper and be just as happy. Your really don't need the overpriced troy battle sights that come with the T. If I were to do it all again I would get the X or OR. Look on Smiths web site and it has all the different configurations of there rifles.

Razur

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm an owner of the S&W MP-15T also.
I chose it because it already has rails and folding sites so I figured I wouldn't have to get that stuff a la carte.
I'm very happy with it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom